Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

The following is the answer to my question and it is very disturbing. "



Richards only did what probably every other heckled comedian would like to do. In fact, he did what MOST of us would like to do when we're harassed by blacks, teen-agers with spiked hair, bullies, or the other cretins of our society.



But we're afraid to call someone the "n" word, or tell them they look stupid with all that green spiked hair and tattoos, because we're afraid they'll retaliate.



His career isn't over. I don't even see why he felt the need to apologize, other than to clear his own conscience. I'm sure he felt bad about the things he said, but I'd guess he was coerced into a situation that ultimately caused him to 'snap'.



Why didn't the hecklers apologize? Because they're too damned full of themselves (and probably busy huddling with their lawyers trying to concoct some sort of racial lawsuit over this incident). The management of the comedy club should have thrown them out, as they were undoubtedly disturbing the other patrons who were there to see Richards perform.



I'm no racist, but I question why we white people are so intimidated by blacks who demean us, harass us, or threaten us just because they're black. As far as I'm concerned, they deserve the "n" word (just as "white trash" is an appropriate slur towards white people who are rebellious, rude, mean, tough, arrogant, violent, criminal, lazy, or useless human beings).



I applaud Richards for coming forward and offering his apology; he is a much better man than the cretins who heckled him, and then hid in the darkness of the audience. -RKO-



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

The world is full of people with scary opinions.



Being heckled is part of the territory when you are a comedian. If you have talent you have a witty comeback that is both funny and gets the heckler back. If you are not talented you say something stupid and low class.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

I thought his career was over when they ended Seinfeld.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

If your question is, is this reply disturbing? The answer is yes, on a whole lot of levels.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

He reacted as MANY comedians do when they are heckled.



Comedians go to the places most people cant to try to shut down a heckler. That's all this was.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

i think his career is going to be hurt just like mel gibson's is from his rants.he is banned for life from the laugh factory,if he wants his career he is going to have alot of apologizing to do,but the way hollywood is in a few weeks everyone in hollywood will forget about it and move on to something else, as a comedian he should be used to hecklers, if he can't take the criticism then maybe he should find a new line of work.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

His career was already over. That's why he was doing a small comedy club.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

I dind't find that answer too disturbing-



He's about 1/2 right. When in a rage people are going to say the meanest most vile things they can think of and that is what Mr.Richards did.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

It's been over way before he got started, that's why his a ss is so mad, what have you know him to do other than wear his pants so far up his a ss nothing, and to you, you deserve to be called WHITE TRASH, NOW KISS MY A SS.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

Yep, that's disturbing. Don't comedians get heckled all the time? If you can't handle it, you shouldn't be doing that for a living. No, it isn't okay to heckle, but there are ways to diffuse the situation. It certainly isn't okay to go berzerk and lash out like that. I thought his career was already over anyway, so this really doesn't change that. Just further solidifies it. Or maybe it's all one big publicity stunt like everything else in Hollywood. He looked really uncomfortable in his apology on Letterman. The way he kept saying "Afro-Americans" it was as if he'd never even seen a black person before! Kind of weird.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

It is racist to use the N word, the fact that he used it shows that racism is sometimes ingrained in a person. He did have every right to get angry though, and I believe people can snap. But he could have called them idiots or jerks etc., yet he chose THAT word to use-WHY?.



I feel people should try to rise above the things that trigger anger and even if it is justified to be angry we should try defending ourselves by using logic and reasoning. We are a more intelligent being and should act like it. the person that answered this needs to rise above his ignorance and apply critical thinking skills to the problem.



It is unfortunate but Mr. Richards career will be hard to resurrect.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

I think the way he snapped was awful, even if they hurt his feelings. he should have only bashed directly at the hecklers not general insults to a race of people. I always thought he was funny, but this episode was not funny at all.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

Who was this responding with such a closed mind? Performers, especially comedians, are heckled every day, it is not uncommon. The consummate performer knows how to turn the "cretins" comments into something amusing for the rest of the audience which ultimately results in silence from the "peanut gallery".



Michael Richards was unprofessional as well as unamusing in his response to the "cretins", who I believe only called out that they didn't think he was funny. And his use of the "n" bomb was bad, but his reference, which I believe is what everyone is up in arms about, what "we" used to do (hangings, prodding objects up someone's a$$) was way over the top and totally uncalled for. The funny thing is that the white members of the audience were so offended that they started leaving even before any minority members of the audience did.



And as for his apology, I doubt it was offered to clear his conscience but more than likely it was offered because I'll bet his good friend Jerry Seinfield and his agent asked him if he ever wanted to work again!



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

I would agree with this answer if it didn't condone the N word. That term is NOT acceptable in any circumstance.



I fully support being a jerk back to people in certain cases, but race shouldn't have anything to do with it.



I can see the disturbing part about this answer, and that is to fail to see that white people are not nearly as much the victim as everyone else and to not understand that "N" is not a term that anyone can use, ever. Other than those underlying lapses in psyche, he's got a good point, just cloaked with disturbing assumptions.



And the guy never had a career to begin with.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

He just going to have to ride it out. He should of just asked managment to intervene or just left the stag.If the guys in the audience can't take it they shouldn't dish it out.Being black or white. That N WORD shouldn't be reserved for just some people.It is a just! a! WORD!(like shorty,Fats,idiot,Tiny. redneck etc...) It is called SLANG!! People are going to say it,maybe just to be hurtful and not neccesarily racist .I believe just that word alone to be root of racism and misunderstanding between black and white people in this day and age..



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

I think Michael Richards career is over but then again it may have already been over after Seinfeld. To say what he did was what other comedians do with hecklers is simply ridiculous. I am a lover of comedy no matter what nationality the comedian is. I have seen numerous comedians get heckled and what they do is turn the joke on the heckler like Eddie Murphy did on Nutty Professor. Heck my co-worker, who is a new comedian and is white, had a great routine ready for hecklers. I simply loved it. He had the heckler laughing with him and at the end of the night won and kept the audiences respect. Comedians often pick or mock people of other races or even their own races but there is a line. I have been to comedy clubs where they poked fun of black people and thought it was hilarious. I, myself being black didn't take any offense, not because I am an socially unaware and apathetic black, but because it was done in a good natured humorous way. I saw the video on tmz.com and that wasn't comedy that was plain out disrespect and rage. As a comedian he should have been better prepared. To try to use the scapegoat of "the hecklers were interrupting my show" as an excuse for what he did is not only sad but truly disturbing.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

in today's politically correct society. yeah his career is probably over. But then wasn't it all ready when Seinfeld went off the air? i mean he's never really going to climb back up to that anytime anyway, even before the racist rant.



i agree with you. The guy got angry, said things he shouldn't have. Most people don't go to comedy clubs don't get it. The comics get angry because you are messing with their livelyhood. I went to a comedy club one time, and the comic told a guy 'look man, i'm working up here, i don't come up to you while you are at your job mowing grass and throw rocks at you." That pretty much sums it up. You have an audience in there that paid the man to entertain them yet two morons want to sit in the balcony and take over his show. You wouldn't do that at a movie, why shouldn't the audience and the performer at a comedy club get the same respect?



here is another great video that illustrates the point



http://ebaumsworld.com/2006/09/comedian-...



A comic in Seattle offends two women, with the term "towel-head" they take over the show, and eventully run up on stage an assault the comic physically.



if you have such a thin skin, LEAVE. why disrupt the show assuming EVERYONE agrees with you?



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

What is so disturbing about that? The guy took the words right out of my fingers!



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

RKO, YOU ARE A RACIST!



Grow up and get some tuff skin. If you have to call someone a n*^% everytime they say something you don't like, then you have some issues. EVERY COMEDIAN HAS BEEN HECKLED BEFORE AND THEY DON'T HAVE TO REDUCE THEMSELVES TO RACIAL SLURS! Its part of the game. If you want to be a comedian, you have to take the good with the bad. No, everyone won't like your act and guess what, they have a right to disagree with you! But no one has the right to think that its okay to use racial slurs just because they are embarassed. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.



Its comments like that that has people getting killed over foolishness. What Mr. RKO forgets is that even the white patrons where disturbed by his behavior. That should be a huge clue that WHAT HE DID WAS DISREPECTFUL AND UNCALLED FOR! His career has been over, what this has revealed is that he is a racist.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

As a black woman I can say that what Michael Richards did was immature and very disrespectful. I don't care what someone said, he has no right to say what he said. I believe he insulted African Americans' history by saying what he said. I don't care what the teens were wearing or what color their hair was. I think Michael stood on that stage saying what he's been waiting to say for years because it was filled with so much anger. Comedians and performers get heckled all the time but they don't resort to the color of a person's skin. I think he just was out of line period.



As far as I'm concerned, his career is OVER because he'll have to work with or for black people as long as he's an actor or comedian.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

His career was over the day Seinfeld went off the air.



Someone posted an answer to my question. The question I asked was: Is Michael Richards career over:?

It's just a word. It's 6 letters that is the only "taboo" left in our society. Yet, people like Dave Chappelle could've called a white heckler a KKK Grand Wizard or "trailer trash" and he would've been exalted as the wittiest person alive. The double standard in this country is what's detrimental.



It's just a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment