Saturday, May 5, 2012

Could the mirena be causing problems?

Hi there, I've had my mirena for two years. It was implanted after a major operation to remove an endometrial cyst the size of a human head, because they wanted to stop my very heavy periods and the severe endometriosis I have. Ever since I had the mirena I look slightly bloated all the time, and my skin and hair are just horrible! I have spots (never ever had them as a teen, and I never looked after my skin), I feel greasy, and I seem to gain weight much easier. Also, I have started bleeding after a 1 1/2 years of no periods. It's not constant, just off and on, but to no pattern, just random bleeding.



Has anyone else had these problems?



Could the mirena be causing problems?

Yes, the Mirena can cause irregular bleeding, skin, and hair problems. You may want to have the IUD removed. Discuss your options with your doctor.



Could the mirena be causing problems?

Ask your doctor...



Best wishes.



Could the mirena be causing problems?

I have only had my Mirena for over a year but haven't had any issues with it so far. I finally stopped having periods. I love it and wish I had gotten it sooner.



Could the mirena be causing problems?

Yes it can cause problems. Better off asking your doctor. I had one recently for heavy periods but in your case periods should not be heavy now or have random bleeding. The only possibility is that its become looses and needs to be checked regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment