Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Black cat "owners"?

I said "owners" because really whos the real boss in a relationship between a human and their cat. lol.



Now I have a black cat who will be turning 1 on Febuary 1, 2008. His name is Oz. He is almost all black even his little paws and nose lol.



In some places however he has like little white or grey hairs. Now is that normal for black cats? He has like a stray hair colored different here and there. Mostly like on his chest, some on his back.



Also arent they just beautiful cats? I love him!! =D



Tell me about your cats also if youd like, I am at work and I am very very bored!! lol



Black cat "owners"?

At a recent cat show one of the judges told us that it's VERY rare for a cat to be completely back - they all have a few white hairs on them somewhere. My Luna, a black domestic shorthair, has a little cluster of about 6 white hairs on her chest.



Here's something else I read in a book I have: "Medieval persecution of black cats may account for the scarcity of totally black cats (other than pedigrees bred specifically for pure color). It was pure black cats that were considered Satan's own: a patch of white was an "angel's mark" signifying innocence, giving a better chance of survival and of passing on genes to their descendants."



Another interesting thing this book says is that genetically all cats are tabbies under their apparent colourations. And with black cats you can sometimes see "ghost" tabby patterns. I had a manx mix that was like that. He looked slate grey/almost black but in certain light you could see patterns.



Black cat "owners"?

It's ok, cats have weird splashes of color anywhere... hehe.. we've actually had cats that have had random white hairs like you are talking about too. I have two white 14 week old kittens that are almost completely white except for their tails which is grey, which is almost like the color a Siamese would have. Gotta love them!!!



Black cat "owners"?

I have a tuxedo cat. He has medium length fur, black on most of his body and tail, with white on his ,muzzle, lower legs, chest and tummy. He has a pink nose with a black dot on it.



He is a big sucky baby, he is laying on my desk in front of me right now. I have two other cats too.



Black cat "owners"?

Yes, it's totally normal.



My black cat has this little patch on her chest where it's mostly black but there's a few white hairs.



Black cat "owners"?

I have a black cat... long-haired with green eyes. Absolutely beautiful but the shedding is atrocious. She has a couple of gray hairs here and there. Not spots of them, just random ones. She's three and goes by Phoebe.



Black cat "owners"?

I got a black cat named Panther and he has some white hairs on his back near his neck and the place where we put flea medication. The vet did say it was normal for kittens and cats to have different colours of fur. Since you have a kitten he might grow out of it or it will grow and he can have spots.



My friend had a black cat with orange spots when it was born but as it older the spots went away and the cat was fully black.



I love kitty cats.



Black cat "owners"?

every cat I have ever owned has been black. right now the ones I have are named Felony-girl, Cosmo-boy,wicked-girl-psycho-boy,bagera-...



Black cat "owners"?

Oooh your Oz sounds like my Brody! He is a year and a half old and completely black (nose and paws too) except a little bit of white on his stomach. He has a few "stray" hairs too that are either white or gray. I thought it was odd too but he only has a few. Guess he's not the only one!



Black cats are beautiful cats! Although, I think all cats are gorgeous. I also have a pure white cat with one blue eye and one green eye. His name is Papi and he is Brody's brother (littermates).



I also agree we are not the "owners". This is their house and they know it. At the same time though, they are super friendly and loving. They both love to cuddle and play with water. They truly are awesome cats. I couldn't imagine life without them.



Here are some pictures if you want to see!



http://www.flickr.com/photos/21269980@N0...



http://www.flickr.com/photos/21269980@N0...



There are my babies!



-Brit



EDIT: Sounds like my Brody has a twin or two walking around out there. Thanks Jess for your comment about Papi's eyes. Both of my kitties are handsome and the funny thing is, they know it!



Black cat "owners"?

I think it's normal. My cat is a lil orange tabby she is brain damaged from a surgery she had a few years ago. Bad otc worm meds.Always take your cat to the vet!! anyways She is a blessing. Her name is mouse because she has huge ears and she weighs 4 lbs!! She has freckles all over!! She is so cute!!



Black cat "owners"?

thats normal for a black cat. i work at an animal shelter and we currently have 70 cats so I see a lot of weird things.



Black cat "owners"?

My black kitten Maddye has some silver and gray hairs sticking out in odd places my vet assured me its quite normal in them. Kittens are kittens till theya re about 13-14 months old.



Maddye is utterly brilliant like most black cats are she can use a toilet open the fridge and sometiems talks to me. Very needy kitten too I can't leave a room without letting her know or she screams bloody murder for me to come back. Cannot stand to be left alone.



Black cat "owners"?

I had a 3 legged black cat named Ons (short for Onslow) he was all black with a grayish/white undercoat (appeared all black though). I had to have him put to sleep in September due to an inoperable tumor in his nasal cavity that was obstructing his breathing.....he was only 6, I miss him!



About a month or so ago, I rescued a black cat from the animal hospital I work for, I named him Henry. He is all black with a white spot on his belly and a few white hairs here and there, he has a little black nose as well. Yes, it is normal for them to have a few white hairs here and there.



At 1 yr old they are pretty much considered a adult. Good luck with your kitty, I bet he's a cutie!



P.S Brit, your Brody looks just like my Henry...and Papi's eyes are beautiful!



Black cat "owners"?

That is perfectly normal! My 7 year old black cat has had a tiny white patch of hair on his stomach ever since I have had him (when he was 7 weeks old). Coincidentally, it is one of his favorite places to be scratched!



Black cat "owners"?

Yes, it is perfectly normal to have a stray hair of a different color.



I love black cats. I have a DLH female named Lily, adopted as an adult. I've had her 8 years and estimate she is between 10-11 years old. She is sweet, dainty and her tail looks like a plume. I've started noticing that she is getting stray white hairs.



My sis-in-law has two black cats. Both are DSH males with shiny black fur and just a tuft of white on their throats. Pickwack is 12 yo and Garth is 8.



Purrs to you and your kitty.



Black cat "owners"?

I had a friend in high school that had a black cat that was all black except for a little tuft of white on it's chest. They wanted to call it midnight but because of the little bit of white they called him eleven forty five instead. LOL



Black cat "owners"?

I am 50 y/o and always have a black in my home since a child. Had to leave my black behind in OK when moving to HI because of quarintine, but flew 2 back from HI to the mainland 2 yrs later. It seems to be harder to find solids now. The current one, Devlin, has this little white spot on his side. Mine were always males but I was "allowed" to get a cat by my ex and was desperate and got a female. She was with me for 15 yrs. She had a white "fan" on the bottom of her belly between her back legs.



They have a different attitude than other colors. Always seem mellower and more loving to me. The "Devil in him" is only 3 y/o so I look to enjoy many more happy and loving years with him.



Black cat "owners"?

totally normal!



my kitties, all girls are black and white aged 2 called Frankie, a naughty tortie aged 7 called Brandy and a jet black aged 12 called Poppy, she does now have a few different colored hairs but never use too, but then again she is aging



i do have to say all cats are fab!



also now Oz is turning 1 he's no longer classed as a kitten.



Black cat "owners"?

I have 1 all black mama cat. Her name is BK. She was a stray feral. She has green eyes with a brown circle around the green. Her whiskers and mouth are all blcak too. One of her kittens, Bear (born 8/19/07) is all black, same eyes as mama, even the whiskers and mouth. But, he has a tuff of white hair on his neck and then on his belly. This is a good thing, because it is the only way (with out looking) to tell him and BK apart.



Black cat "owners"?

I currently have 2 black cats and both have white hairs on them. One had a white whisker(it fell out though)and he has a white hair in his ear, his name if C.C. and my others name is Ozzy. They are 2 of my 7 cats I have. The others all all either grey or black and white with one calico mixed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment