Friday, March 30, 2012

How often should I give my cat a bath?

I think it would be a good idea to get into a daily habbit of giving him a bath after I take a shower. But would that be bad for the cat's hair? I know a lot of humans wash their hair once every other day to keep it in better condition.



How often should I give my cat a bath?

Once a month is good that's how often I bathe my cat.



How often should I give my cat a bath?

cats are very capable of bathing themselves. You dont need to give a cat a bath



How often should I give my cat a bath?

our vet told us NEVER give a cat a bath... they clean themselves just fine!



-meow



How often should I give my cat a bath?

Do not wash your cat every day.



Cats bath themselves and are very clean animals because of how regularly they DO bath themselves.



The only time you would need to give your cat a bath is if:



- he/she has the runns and it's all through their fur



- he/she is being entered into a cat show



- he/she has come home covered in mud



By bathing them you strip their hair of the naturally occuring waterproofing which can cause the cat problems when out in the rain.



How often should I give my cat a bath?

Do not give your cat a bath. They can clean themselves. It would be a very bad idea.



How often should I give my cat a bath?

Never.



How often should I give my cat a bath?

ive never washed my cat in 4 years of owning her. they bathe themselves, but if its an outdoor cat u might wanna wash him/her 1nce to 2wice a year



How often should I give my cat a bath?

EEYYYY. dont give your cat a bath. they are capable to bathe themselves. they dont need baths. i never ever ever bathe my cat. you shouldn't.. lol..



How often should I give my cat a bath?

Cats shed a lot, so it's not a good idea to give it a bath EVERY day. Once a month is good, my grandmother is a "hoarder" but she takes good care of her cats and bathes them about once a month so they don't get too skanky.



How often should I give my cat a bath?

only when they are very dirty, like if your cat goes outside a lot, you should give them a bath at least once in their lifetime...



How often should I give my cat a bath?

put some baby shampoo in the toilet. in one fluid movement, toss the cat in, shut the lid, and sit on it. after five minutes, have your spouse open the front door. in another fluid movement, stand up, open the lid, and make sure there is no one in the cat's way between the bathroom and the door.



Good luck.



How often should I give my cat a bath?

My doughtier always bather her cat, not daily but once a month or so. It helps keeping the shedding hair. and I think the cat likes it too.



How often should I give my cat a bath?

You might never have to give your cat a bath. Their fur is much different from the hair on your head. Besides, the cat uses its tongue, which is specially designed to clean the fur. If you get a steel-toothed dog comb you can use this to groom your cat. While you're at it you can look in your cat's ears and check her teeth. It's good to do this on a regular basis and if it's done from when they're very young they tolerate it well. When you groom your cat, give him a treat afterwards and he will consider it a positive experience. My cats just love to be groomed. (But they'll never like baths.)



However, if a cat goes outside it can get into stinky stuff and can get into oil and grease, too. If you feel you need to give your cat a bath, please use a shampoo specially designed for cats. Human shampoo can be harmful to the cat's skin and since the cats lick themselves it could make them sick, too. Most cats keep themselves very clean. But there is the rare cat that is a complete slob and he or she may need to be bathed. A cat that keeps itself clean rarely smells like anything, and I've been very close to lots of cats. I'm an incurable cat kisser. (But not on the lips!)



How often should I give my cat a bath?

most of ur answers i'ld ignore if i was you giving ur cat a bath is actually a good idea it doesnt strip them of any special fur like the one answer mentioned. cats dont have waterproof fur and standard fur. cats are capable of taking care of themselves this true. however u can give a cat a bath with special shampoos for pets. also by doing so u'll get rid of loose hairs u may have missed by brushing. even if u wanna do the pet show thing. its best to get a cat used to the feel and sound of water as a kitten. then itll be safer to bath later on



How often should I give my cat a bath?

Cats and humans have very different hygenic needs. You should only need to bathe your cat when he's definitely dirty (visibly dirty, slightly smelly). The only time I can think of it being a near MUST is when you welcome another pet into the family--bathing every animal with a common soap will make them equals/more at ease with each other/more distinctive smelling as the bath wears away.



How often should I give my cat a bath?

You can give your cat a bath, but not every day. My cat has to be bathed biweekly because one of my family members has allergies. He is also getting a bit old now and kinda stinks, so the bath is the only way we can tolerate his tendancy to like to snuggle. Other than those two reasons or because the cat gets dirty, I don't know why else he'd need a bath. Except for a few select breeds, they really don't like baths. Also, they do a pretty good job staying clean by themselves.



To answer your question, I doubt it would hurt his hair, he'd just hate it and may develop a "phobia" of the area you are bathing him.



How often should I give my cat a bath?

chuck it in the washing machine daily, then in the dryer to fluff up his coat

No comments:

Post a Comment