Thursday, April 26, 2012

How do you make Coon Tail Extensions yourself?

I don't want other people's sites. I would like to know how I can make my own at home.



I already bought Human 8" Extensions from Sally's Beauty and I can access the hair dye, but how would I go about putting the stripes in there without making a huge mess?



And please don't make stupid comments about "being emo" or whatever. This is so that I can get some help with my question.



How do you make Coon Tail Extensions yourself?

Lay the hair extensions out flat, and get a dyeing brush if your kit doesn't come with one (it'll tell you on the box.) Put tape across the part you're not dying. It'll cause the hair to get a bit frizzy or tangled, but a little combing will fix that. Paint the dye on, avoiding the tape but making sure it covers it a little so the stripes are straight. Let process. Then wash out, leaving the tape on. The water should help the tape to loosen, then just pull it off while the extensions are still wet. Dry them and voila. Coon tail stripes.



And it's not emo, it's scene. Kiki Kannibal, scene queen, started the whole trend. I think I may take my own advice and do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment